Get The Urgent Dental Care You Need
We get dental emergencies in very quickly, and I'd say that's probably the number one thing. The other thing that I relatively pride myself on is the fact that we take emergency phone calls anytime. My personal cell phone is on our answering service and I get calls. I've gotten calls at any time that you can imagine and I answer. I'd say the main thing is being available.
Dental emergencies can really put a damper on things, huh? Let our top-notch dental health care professionals help you get the care you need in every situation! Our Norton Shores, MI dentist offers immediate dental care for those in need and provide effective solutions to help you or your loved one get out of pain.
Dr. Christopher Sortman has studied dentistry at University of Michigan Dental School and has completed Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) program while serving as Navy dentist.
What constitutes a dental emergency?
A dental emergency can be hard to define for some people. When exactly should you call our Norton Shores, MI dentist? Let us help you out! A dental emergency is defined by any of the following situations:
- Broken or otherwise severely damaged tooth
- Tooth that has been knocked out or has fallen out
- Tissue damage (such as to lip, tongue, cheek, or gums)
- Pain when chewing
- Other substantial dental pain
If you are experiencing any of these situations, please understand that you likely have a dental emergency on your hands and should contact our Norton Shores, MI dentist office as soon as possible.
What should I do if I experience a dental emergency?
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please follow these tips:
- Call our office immediately. We will work you into our schedule that very same day so that you can get the help you need!
- Secure any loose teeth or teeth fragments. Try to replace any teeth that have come out of your mouth without touching the roots. Place any fragments or teeth that won’t go back into their sockets in a cup of milk to keep moist.
- Stop any bleeding. If bleeding will not stop in a reasonable amount of time, please get to an emergency room immediately.
- Get to our office in time for your scheduled emergency appointment.
How can your team help me through an emergency?
We can help you get the care you need immediately! We offer same-day, night, and weekend emergency care when necessary. We can help alleviate your pain, repair or replace your missing teeth, and more with our comprehensive service options. One of the following services may be right for you:
Root Canal Therapy – Does it hurt when you chew? We can alleviate your pain and restore your oral health with a root canal.
Dental Crowns – We can repair even severely damaged teeth using our beautiful porcelain crowns.
Tooth Replacement Options – Missing teeth? We can replace them using dental implants, a bridge, or dentures.
How can I schedule an appointment?
Do you need to make an emergency appointment? If so, please call our Norton Shores, MI dentist immediately at 231-366-4182. Do you need to make a non-emergency appointment? You can call us OR send us a message using our online contact form. Either way, we will be happy to help set you up with an appropriate date and time for your visit.
Don’t let dental emergencies get you down. We have your back. Give your friends at Community Shores Dental a call. We look forward to working with you.
Get Our Ebook
Your Teeth Matter! See how a dentist can improve your life when you request our FREE e-book..