August 25, 2017
At our Norton Shores, MI dentist office, Dr. Christopher Sortman, Dr. Kyle Gies, and our compassionate team offer innovative and fully customized treatment options to suit your specific case and needs. With our help, you’ll be able to:
- Avoid laying in bed with a debilitating headache
- Read out loud to your children in comfort
- Stop waking up with headaches
- Get better sleep and wake feeling more refreshed
- Enjoy events that would have been too loud for you to deal with before, like concerts
Ditch the painkillers and address the root of your pain with our custom solutions!
Relieve Your Tension And Much More With TruDenta
Compared to alternatives provided by dentists or other specialists, TruDenta is a highly personalized treatment option for migraines and headaches. TruDenta can also address:
- Tinnitus (frequent or even constant ringing in the ears)
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- TMJ disorder
TMJ disorder is characterized by dysfunction in the complex joints of your jaw. For a proper diagnosis, you should visit our Norton Shores, MI dentist office. That said, if you are experiencing any of the following, you may be showing symptoms of a TMJ disorder:
- Teeth grinding (also known as bruxism)
- A jaw that gets “stuck” in the closed or opened position
- Your upper and lower jaws feeling as though they are not fitting together as they should
- Swelling, tenderness, or pain in your face, jaw, neck, or shoulders
- Difficulty opening your mouth wide
- Grating, clicking, or popping sounds in your jaw when you are chewing
- Having an earache without actually having an infection in your ear
Regardless of the particular issue that is causing your headaches, migraines, or other painful afflictions related to muscles in your head and neck, we’ll find the best solution for you.
Experience The Highly-Customized TruDenta System
Like many other dentists that treat TMJ disorder, migraines, and other related issues, we provide custom oral appliances to solve the problem depending on your situation.
But because that is just one option that may not address your particular case, we use the two-part TruDenta system to determine the cause of and best treatment for your pain.
To determine where and how your pain is originating, we’ll perform these five analytic tests:
- Bite Force Analysis: Using T-Scan technology, we’ll check out how your jaw moves, tracking imbalances in bite force throughout your mouth
- Range of Motion Analysis: To determine if there are any irregularities in the way your head and neck moves, we’ll examine them thoroughly
- Headache History Form: Knowing how long and frequently you have been experiencing headaches will help us understand your particular case
- Muscle Exam: We’ll find knots and bands in your muscles, also known as trigger points, to relieve your tension
- Head Health Questionnaire: This will help us find out if past head or neck injuries are potentially still causing problems for you
So you can make an informed decision, we will discuss the results of your assessment and your treatment options with you. When customizing your treatment plan, we can pick from and combine the following services:
- Ultrasound, a sound wave therapy that alleviates muscle tension by increasing blood flow and heat in affected areas
- Trigger Point Therapy, a form of physical therapy that uses massage and pressure to stimulate your muscles and relieve discomfort
- Electrocurrent, which stimulates nerves with a low-level electrical current to reduce inflammation
- Low-Level Laser, which uses innovative lasers to improve your healing process, range of motion, and comfort level
Find the specific cause of your pain and use the right solution for you with a TruDenta solution for migraines, headaches, TMJ disorders, and more – call Community Shores Dental at 231-366-4182 to schedule your consultation. You can also visit us in Norton Shores, MI in person or use our online form to book or ask questions.