September 5, 2017
If you need to replace all the teeth in your upper and/or lower jaw or you already have dentures and you are worried about them slipping or even falling out, call Community Shores Dental at 231-366-4182 to book a consultation for All-on-4 dental implants!
Our dentists and highly-skilled team offer many restorative dentistry options, including a variety of dental implant services at our Norton Shores, MI dentist office. Depending on your needs and goals, we can replace all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw or even provide a full-mouth reconstruction using All-on-4 dental implants so you can:
- Smile, laugh, chew, and even sneeze without worrying about your replacement teeth coming loose
- Regain your oral function and enjoy your favorite tough, chewy, or crunchy foods again
- Show off your bright grin when it’s time to say “cheese” for the camera
- Improve your overall health by chewing and digesting your food more thoroughly
For your convenience, we accept several payment options. We are also open at 7 a.m. Monday through Thursday and stay open until 7 p.m. on Tuesday evenings to give you appointment options that work with your busy schedule.
Experience The Advantages Of All-On-4 Dental Implants
Dentures are great restorative dental options that have been used in some form or another for thousands of years. Many patients have no problems with their dentures staying put inside their mouth. But for others, even the thought of dentures coming loose during a meal or while laughing at a joke can be enough to scare them off from dentures for good.
Compared to dentures and other tooth replacement options, All-on-4 dental implants offer many advantages because they:
- Can provide a stronger bite going all the way up to 90 percent of the chewing power of your natural teeth
- Help you maintain your youthful appearance and avoid a “sunken in” look by preventing jawbone deterioration
- Are held firmly in place and will not slip or come loose
- Function, look, and feel like your natural teeth
- Can last a lifetime with good oral hygiene and routine dental cleanings and exams
To be a good candidate for dental implants, your jawbone needs to be:
Before we recommend All-on-4 dental implants or any other dental implant treatment, we will thoroughly assess your current situation and jaw health using cutting-edge techniques and technologies, like our 3D X-ray system. If your jaw is not suitable traditional dental implants, we may still be able to help you by using mini dental implants.
So you can make the choice that is best for your oral health and lifestyle, we will review your options with you and answer any questions you have.
If you are a good candidate for dental implants, we will use the same technology mentioned above to thoroughly plan your procedure. We can also explain every step of the procedure before we begin so you’ll know exactly what to expect. To complete your All-on-4 dental implants, we will:
- Numb your mouth with an anesthetic for your comfort
- Precisely place two dental implants near the front of your mouth
- Put two more dental implants near the back at an angle for better pressure distribution
- Provide some temporary replacement teeth so you won’t have to go without
Following a healing period during which your dental implants will literally fuse with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration, we will then attach your All-on-4 dental implants. You’ll walk out of our office with a great smile and strong bite again!
Because we want our patients to be as comfortable as possible, we offer various options to help put you at ease. So you won’t feel rushed, we can provide extended appointments and work at your pace. We also have semi-private care rooms (with full walls but with open doorways) and one private room with a door. All of our care rooms have heated massage chairs to relax you.
And if all that doesn’t calm your nerves, we also offer four different levels of dental sedation to relieve your dental anxiety and improve your experience, including:
- Nitrous oxide, also known as “laughing gas” which quickly produces a pleasant effect
- Oral conscious sedation, which you’ll take in pill form before you arrive
- IV sedation, which quickly creates a dream-like state
- General anesthesia, the strongest form of sedation that we offer
We’ll do all we can to help you feel less anxious.